Toad’s Top 10 21 Day Sugar Detox Staple Foods
Are you addicted to sugar? Do you binge eat from emotional stress? It helps to have a few convenience staple foods around so you eat those instead of the junk food. I’ve done Diane’s 21 Day Sugar Detox 3 times and will be doing it in the future as well. It’s always nice to be strict for 3 straight weeks. I have bent the rules in the past but will soon do it as Diane lays it out.
The following are foods that I make sure I have on hand. If the following foods were always available to me then I would never binge on junk food. To find out why and how just continue reading.
Please leave a comment below with the tenth food! Tell the world what staple foods you have on hand in order to prevent yourself from binging on sugar and omega 6 fatty acid rich food (read: all processed foods).
1. Avocado – If you are hungry or emotional stressed and have a craving for any type of food then why not grab an avocado, slice it in half and eat it with a spoon? If you need to jazz it up a bit then make guacamole (just smash up the avocado and then add salt and lime juice to start!) or use it a a base for smoothies. I love adding avocado to salads too. Did you know that a whole avocado has 0 grams of sugar?
2. Coconut flakes or butter – I prefer the taste and texture of coconut butter but eating coconut flakes will force you to slow down. Say what? Yea, I tend to choke on coconut flakes! After a choke or 2 I definitely slow down and chew, chew, chew! Be careful with coconut butter; some are known to eat the whole jar! Artisana sells a good brand of the butter and Bob’s Red Mill or Let’s Do Organic are good brands for coconut flakes.
3. Beef jerky – I don’t need to say much. Beef jerky is expensive but if you can afford it then stock up. Know your source and learn how they raise their cows and you are good to go. I personally love US Wellness Meats beef jerky.
4. Canned meat like tuna, salmon, sardines or chicken – I LOVE Wild Planet’s canned Albacore tuna. One can has 3.2 grams of omega 3 fatty acids! That’s insane if you ask me. It’s wild caught and sustainable. Tuna is beyond nourishing and quite tasty too. Use it in salads and enjoy with avocado and olives! I am not a big fan of canned salmon or sardines but if you are then stock up! I mentioned chicken because for the past 2.5 years I have enjoyed the canned chicken from Sam’s Club and Costco. This is not the best but if it’s going to prevent you from binging on junk then I say that’s a BIG win!
5. Veggies of all kinds – What are your favorite veggies? Stock up! I personally prefer to boil my veggies and then I save the water and drink it later! You can use it for soups too. If you find yourself binging then why not grab a bunch of veggies and cook them up your favorite way! Eat a few if you are still hungry and then save them for later.
6. Kalamata olives – These are as convenient as it gets with plenty of nourishment and no sugar. Olives are nearly pure monounsaturated fat which everyone agrees is healthy! I currently enjoy the big jar of kalamata olives from Costco. Don’t buy the canned olives!
7. Veggies that are botanically fruits – Say what? I’m talking about tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, squash, pumpkin, etc. These are all fruits since they all have seeds. Yet we treat them as veggies because they are not as sweet as some fruits like apples or peaches. They are more nutrient dense too. I’ve been a huge fan of cucumber since the day I was conceived. I used to add TONS of salt and now just add as much as I know my body wants (remember that sodium is a nutrient).
8. Eggs – You must have these in stock if you know your body tolerates them well. I cook my eggs sunny side up 90% of the time since I know I need to cook the whites but love the runny yolk. If you are always in a rush then why not boil some eggs? Or scramble a dozen eggs and save some for later. You can also make egg muffins and use eggs in various recipes. Having eggs in stock at all times is a no brainer!
And whatever you do, don’t you dare trash the egg yolk!
9. Bacon – Do I need to say more? Maybe I should mention that being afraid of bacon because of the nitrate content is a flat out joke!
10. YOU choose by leaving a comment below – Really! Have you done Diane’s 21 Say Sugar Detox before? Are you doing it with thousands of others right now? Help other folks out who want to kick that nasty habit. If I have the 9 foods above in stock then my chances of eating junk decrease substantially. However, we are all different! So please leave a comment below with foods that you make sure you always have on hand to prevent yourself from binging on junk food.
If you have never done Diane’s 21 Day Sugar Detox then you owe it to yourself! It’s worth a shot. It’s $ 21 to get the program manual (it’s going to be updated soon with a special bonus by ME!) and you have 60 days to ask for your money back if it’s not for you.
If you buy through any link inside this post then I will earn a commission. No worries – it will only help grow my business with a mission of spreading the truth about health and wellness to every single living human on planet Earth!